Monday, October 26, 2009

The Millionaire Next Door

I recently finished reading The Millionaire Next Door by Drs. Stanley and Danko. I remember borrowing this from the library a couple of years ago and it failing to catch my interest. Fast forward to now, when my overall interest in personal finance and wealth-building has developed, and I found it fascinating. Their research reinforces so many basic tenets of personal finance, mainly spending less than you earn. They also present an interesting paradox, namely, that those who appear wealthy probably aren’t. There’s also an underlying theme of family values since most of the millionaires married once and stayed married, usually raising several children along the way. If you get a chance, I recommend checking this out. As for me, I'm moving right along to Stop Acting Rich:...and Start Living Like a Real Millionaire.


No comments:

Post a Comment