Friday, October 23, 2009

Why blog?

So what’s so special about my journey and why blog about it? Well, I’m a single woman and I don’t feel that I have a lot of support in this area. My friends and family aren’t on the same page with me and I often get blank stares when I get to talking about my plans. Taking it a step further, I regularly get comments about “live a little” and “you can’t take it with you.” Their view is that I’m a young, single, successful woman so I “deserve” to play hard right now. Someday, I’ll be saddled with lots of expenses (because, you know, that’s how it is for them so it has to be that way for me) and I will regret not doing/buying things. What they don’t understand is that there are tons of ways to play hard without spending a lot of money. In reading other personal finance blogs, I’ve learned that there ARE others like me out there and I’m re-energized. So while I’m here to share my thoughts, dreams, and ideas, I’m also here to learn about yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment