Friday, October 30, 2009

Temptation

I love to travel. Stepping onto an airplane in one place and soon thereafter, landing in another. Visiting friends and exploring new territory. Airfares have dropped drastically over the past few days. (check out this article for more info)

When I saw this article and the emails from airlines and Travelocity, I immediately started browsing the options and perusing my calendar for a free weekend. After a few minutes, I came back to reality and closed all of the windows. Travel is one of my big categories of discretionary spending and it’s on hold as I pursue paying off that student loan before my birthday. So, while these are fantastic deals, they still represent unplanned spending and delaying the plan that will (hopefully) lead to realizing my dreams.

*sigh* It sure would be nice to jet off though. Sometimes being responsible is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment